Let me start out by saying I'm okay and so are the babies! I was in a serious car accident Tuesday am. I left for work around 6:30 am. By 6:45 am I was driving about 65 to 70 mph in the far left lane on I 45 heading South towards downtown when I started to feel nauseous. I went to drink some water but the feeling quickly changed to dizziness. Before I could react and pull over, I fainted. I woke up in the far right hand shoulder of the freeway with my front end smashed into the concrete barrier. Both airbags on the drivers side were deployed and the hood of the car was steaming. I woke up to 3 people knocking on my window. They helped me out of the car and called for help. An ambulance came and took me to the emergency room at a local hospital. The police came to the hospital and told us what else happened....after I fainted I swerved into the right lane and hit an 18 wheeler carrying 2 trailers of cargo. I bounced off the side of the 18 wheeler and then hit one of his trailers. I guess that slowed me down because then I somehow managed to work my way across the other 4 lanes of traffic on the right before ending up in the wall. Luckily I did not hit anyone else on my way to the right wall. I guess the police officer felt sorry for me because he did not give me a ticket but the whole thing was obviously 100% my fault.
I stayed at the emergency room until noon for a ton of tests and then was released and transferred to the Women's Hospital (where I will eventually have the babies) because I started having contractions. They tested me and watched me all day at Women's. The contractions got closer together so they gave me 2 shots to stop them and admitted me to stay overnight. I was released Wednesday and am now back home on bed rest for the rest of the week! Whew.......
I have minor injuries considering what happened. A bump on my head, a burn on my neck from the seatbelt, and bruised knees from the lower front airbag. I think the Lexus saved my life but unfortunately it is totaled. I am so thankful to God for saving my life, the babies lives, and those of the other drivers on the road at that time. I cannot believe the injuries are not worse considering......
All my tests came back normal so the only thing the doctors can contribute the fainting to is being pregnant. Obviously I will not be driving for the rest of the pregnancy! I'm not going to press my luck nor will my husband let me get near the driver's side of a car again for awhile :)
No comments:
Post a Comment